Last Updated April 6, 2022
Our Privacy Commitment
Givsly creates business connections while creating opportunities to give back and donate to various nonprofit organizations in exchange for these connections. We strive to match practitioners, professionals, and academics in various industries that will volunteer their time to meet with donors and provide viewpoints and expertise on certain matters to donors. In exchange for the volunteer’s time, donors will make donations to a nonprofit organization that is of interest to the volunteer. Based on profile section and donor needs, we will connect appropriate volunteers to ascertain whether they are suitable and available for a specific consultation project. This may include an in-person meeting, telephone consultation, teleconference, online survey or other. Important to note, a Platform Member can both volunteer their time, and donate.
We ask that you take the time to read this Policy carefully.
Table of Contents #
- Information Collected, Used, and Disclosed
- Your Choices
- Safeguarding & Retention of Your Personal Information
- For European Union Users
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Contact Us
We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you access the Site to make sure that you understand our information collection, use and disclosure practices. We may change the provisions of this Policy at any time and will indicate when changes have been made by revising the date at the top of this Policy. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will provide you with additional notice of such changes by updating our Site and/or by sending you a notification via email, and/or get your permission to use your data accordingly where applicable.
This Policy is effective as of the date first posted above and applies only to information collected by Givsly on this Site and through our Services.
3. Information Collected, Used, and Disclosed #
We may collect your personal information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests, (for example to contact us in relation to inquiries) and to carry out our Services.
At times, you may voluntarily supply us with personal information. For example, by completing the form in the “Contact Us” section of this Site. We process this information to respond to your questions or inquiries. When signing up for Givsly services, we may gather the following information about you:
- Email address
- Company name and job title
- Biographical Information (for example, we may ask you to create a profile and provide information about your work experience in order to facilitate meetings through the Platform). It is important to note that name, title, company, general location (city/state), and selected charities will be available to other users of the Site. Your contact details will never be publicly available, but generic profile information may be, including your name and job title.
- IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device)
- Cookie ID, (or similar technologies) A cookie is a tiny text files that is stored on a user's browser. Most cookies contain a unique identifier called a cookie ID: a string of characters that websites and servers associate with the browser on which the cookie is stored. Other persistent or unique identifiers, such as an advertising ID, or device ID may be collected from use of the Site. Some jurisdictions hold that cookie IDs are personal information. Where this is the case, we treat such data as personal information
- Personal information provided by you when contacting us via the “Careers” section of this website. For example, when submitting your contact details for a job submission you may also provide with your resume which will include your career history. We may also ask for additional information to assist us with our recruitment process and in the event you are offered a job.
How do we use personal information?
We will use your personal information collected from our website and the use of our Services in the following ways:
- to provide you with information and materials you have requested and to respond to specific queries via our “Contact Us” section;
- to determine matches of your profile with another member with which we recommend a partnership throughout the course of our Services;
- o facilitate donations to non-profit organizations, and notifications of the donation to users and Donation Offer creators, through our Donation Offers feature;
- to understand what content you interact with on our Site to provide a better experience on our Site and through our Services, and to provide you with better ways of accessing information on this Site;
- to send you information and promotional materials which we determine would be of interest or relevant to you such as new business information about Givsly, newsletters, bulletins, etc.;
- for marketing purposes to market Givsly’s Services, including retargeting and behavioral advertising,
- to better understand those marketing efforts;
- to allow you to submit information to our new business team;
- Givsly may use and share Personal Information to contact you concerning your participation in Givsly Social Impact Meetings Platforms, to manage your membership in Givsly Platforms, to administer compliance policies and procedures, including obtaining required approvals and consents for Meetings participation;
- and to comply with applicable laws.
When a Givsly member creates a Donation Offer Link, the user receiving the Donation Offer Link does so directly from the Givsly member who created Donation Offer Link to send it from their own email or distribute the link through other medium. That user’s information will be provided back to the Givsly member from Givsly who created the Donation Offer Link and initiated outreach. Members who receive notice of a Donation Offer Link being responded to are not permitted to use information received from Givsly (Personal or otherwise) for any purpose other than for use of the Givsly Services.
Givsly may also collect and store aggregate or anonymous information about a user’s interaction with the Site or Service. We may use this aggregate or anonymous information we collect about our customers, traffic patterns, and related site information to better design our Site and Services and to share with reputable third-party vendors. Please note, aggregate and anonymous information is not personal information and cannot directly or indirectly identify an individual. See the section on non-personal information below.
We may also collect non-personal information from you in connection with your use of our Site. We use a third-party service provider, Google Analytics, to assist us in gathering analytics and statistical data in connection with the Site in the United States. This data is used to assist us in gathering aggregate analytics and statistical data regarding use of the Site or App (e.g., session length, bounce rates, etc.). Where analytics data may be classified as personal information, we will treat it as such.
We collect and use certain demographic information
- such as age, gender, education, income, geography (city and state), interests, activities, and similar information for statistical purposes.
- we may also append demographic data existing customer data sets for the same purposes.
- While demographic data is often, on its own, nonpersonal information, when demographic information is linked to personal information, we treat this data as personal information.
- We use this data to build desired target audiences (i.e., business executives between ages 30-40) which are then passed to advertising partners, such as Demand Side Platforms for use in interest-based advertising online. While we may not actually serve the interest-based ads, we provide the audience profiles for later use in interest-based advertising. You can opt out of the use of your data for interest-based advertising below in the section “Your Choices”
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Do we share your information to third parties?
- We may disclose your personal information if we or any of our assets are the subject of a sale or similar corporate transaction. We require that the third parties who receive your personal information are required to keep it confidential.
- We may also share your personal information with third parties where required for processing. For example, when applying for a job through our website, for processing credit card payments, or in order to carry out our Services, (i.e. to match a Member with another Member in order to facilitate meetings and social impact programs).
- Givsly partners with other companies (such as Stripe) for payment processing, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies (for Stripe’s, click here). Givsly doesn’t store your payment information apart from the last four digits of your credit card or bank account (as applicable), expiration date, and country, which we require for tax, government regulatory, and security purposes; You may elect to save your payment details. Those details are stored by our service provider, Stripe. Please visit Stripe for more information about their data processing practices.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are required or permitted by law (such as third parties who provide services on our behalf), and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual unlawful or otherwise prohibited activities, including, but not limited to, fraud.
- We may use your personal information for marketing purposes, like inviting you to an event or promotion. Where required we will obtain your consent to use your information for marketing purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies #
- Remarketing with Google Analytics. Remarketing with Google Analytics is a remarketing and behavioral targeting service provided by Google that connects the tracking activity performed by Google Analytics and its cookies with the Google Ads advertising network. We use this feature to make advertisements on other websites in the Google Ads advertising network more relevant to you, and you may see advertisements for our products and services on other websites because of your previous interactions with us or our Site. In addition to any opt-out feature provided by Google or described in The Your Choices section of this Policy, you may opt out of this feature by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
LinkedIn Conversion Tracking and Insight Tag
The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of metadata such as IP address information, timestamp, and events such as page views. All data is encrypted. The LinkedIn browser cookie is stored in a visitor's browser until they delete the cookie or the cookie expires (there’s a rolling six-month expiration from the last time the visitor’s browser loaded the Insight Tag).
Twitter conversion tracking and Tailored audiences
The Twitter conversion tracking service is placed by Twitter Inc and enables Givsly to learn how users have interacted with our advertising served to them on Twitter. It also enables us to identify users who have used their mobile device to view our advertising on Twitter and later came to our website on a desktop computer. Twitter’s Conversion Tracking allows us to assign conversions such as link clicks, retweets or “like” data.
Tailored audiences is the tool of Twitter Inc., utilized to target existing users and customers to create remarketing campaigns. Targeting activity can include directly reaching out to users or visitors of our website and campaign pages and/or retargeting previous customer lists.
Details about Twitter’s policies for conversion tracking and tailored audiences can be found at https://business.twitter.com/en/help/ads-policies/other-policy-requirements/policies-for-conversion-tracking-and-tailored-audiences.html
We will always take steps to require third parties we work with to keep your personal information confidential.
4. Your Choices #
How to opt-out of collection and, or use of data for interest-based advertising:
In browser environments, (i.e. on a Website using a browser like Chrome, or Firefox), you may refuse or remove cookies from service providers via the following methods:
- Adjusting your browser settings to refuse or remove cookies, which would result in the elimination of Interest-Based Advertising via cookies from service providers. However, by doing so, you may still receive advertisements, they simply may not be tailored to your interests. You may also not be able to use certain features on certain web sites you visit or take full advantage of all web site offerings and Interest-Based Advertising. You may refuse or remove cookies by following the directions provided in your browser settings.
Further information about cookies is available at:
You can also opt-out of Interest-Based Advertising targeting cookies of service providers, at the following Sites:
If you delete cookies, install a new browser or get a new computer, the opt-out cookie will need to be reset by coming back to the links above.
For Mobile opt outs:
Most modern mobile operating systems (iOS 6, Android 2.3, and Windows 10 and above) provide mobile advertising identifiers for mobile devices. These identifiers have different names depending on the brand. For example, they are called Google Advertising ID (GAID) on Android devices and Identifiers for Advertisers (IDFA) on iOS. These identifiers are commonly used to help enable digital advertising across mobile applications. The operating systems that provide these mobile advertising identifiers tend to include built-in settings to express privacy preferences for online advertising across applications.
To express your privacy preferences for specific companies, you may download and use an opt-out application, such as DAA's AppChoices App or the Truste Privacy App. You should contact the Digital Advertising Alliance or Trust Arc if you have any questions or concerns regarding the opt-out applications operated by them. You can also go into the settings of your mobile device and turn off ad tracking. How to do this will vary depending on device and operating system.
Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals that can be sent by some browsers, because no DNT standard has been adopted by the World Wide Web Consortium at this time.
If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing lists, review, update, or have us delete your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request through the “Contact Us” form on our websites. You can also unsubscribe from the link provided to do so in any message or communication you may receive from Givsly. Please note, where we are being asked to disclose personal information to you, we may require verification.
5. Children #
Our Services and this Site are not intended for or directed to children. Different jurisdictions set different thresholds for the age of a child. Givsly does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13 or 16 respective of jurisdiction. If you feel we may have unknowingly collected information about your child, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can delete this data.
6. Safeguarding & Retention of Your Personal Information #
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date. Givsly’s hosting environments and security measures are continuously reviewed and assessed. We process and store your information in the European Union. We may transfer your personal information to countries outside of the European Union, including the US. We will, where the country to which your data is transferred has not been found to provide an adequate level of protection, put in place appropriate safeguards (we use standard contractual clauses) to ensure your information is protected.
Givsly retains your information for business purposes, and for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with access to the Site and our services. Givsly will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Despite our efforts, please be aware that no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable so please be careful about what information you share online.
7. For European Union Users #
For European Union users, below you will find information regarding our processing of your personal information.
|How we will use your personal information||Our legal basis for processing|
|To provide you with information and materials that you have requested e.g. via our "Contact" section.||Our legitimate interests – we use your personal information to assess the information you have submitted to us and to communicate and respond accordingly.|
|If you are a member, we may also send you information and materials which we determine would be of interest or relevant to you such as new business information, updates about our Platform and Services, newsletters, and bulletins.||Our legitimate interests - we use your business-related contact information such as your work email address to communicate such information to you.|
|To provide you with a better user experience when accessing information from this Site, and to create audience profiles for marketing purposes.||Consent – we will use analytics data to provide a better user experience and will ask for your consent prior to setting an analytics or advertising tracker.|
|To provide matches of a user profile with another member with which we recommend a partnership throughout the course of our services;||Contractual necessity for corporate Platform members- we may Process your Personal Data where the Processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us (for instance if you are a Platform Member).|
Legitimate interest for users of our Platform – we will process your personal information for the purpose of matching members to one another via the Service.
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS
If you would like to review, update, or have us delete your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can exercise the rights outlined below at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or submitting a request through the “Contact Us” form on our Sites.
You have right to:
- be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights. Therefore, we’re providing you with the information in this Notice
- access and rectification. You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time.
- data portability. The personal data you have provided us with is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically under certain circumstances.
- be forgotten. Under certain circumstances, you have right to request that we delete your data. If you wish to delete the personal data we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements. law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it
- restrict processing. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- object. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e., receiving emails from us notifying you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities).
- lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with any local Supervisory Authority about how we process your personal data.
- withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data (i.e., we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful).
- And rights related to automated decision-making. You have the right not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing and which produces legal or other significant effects on you.
Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection or supervisory authority in your country. If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing lists, review, update, or have us delete your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request through the “Contact Us” form on our websites. Please note, where we are being asked to disclose personal information to you, we may require verification.
8. Your California Privacy Rights #
Since 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not knowingly share personal information collected by Givsly via Site or Services with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you have any questions regarding our disclosure policy, however, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Contact Us #
If you wish to contact us in relation to your personally identifiable information or if you have any queries about how we use your personally identifiable information, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on the “Contact Us” section of our Site.