(Last Updated April 1, 2020)
Our Privacy Commitment
Givsly creates business connections while creating opportunities to give back and donate to various nonprofit organizations in exchange for these connections. We strive to match practitioners, professionals, and academics in various industries that will volunteer their time to meet with donors and provide viewpoints and expertise on certain matters to donors. Based on profile section and donor needs, we will connect appropriate volunteers to ascertain whether they are suitable and available for a specific consultation project. This may include an in-person meeting, telephone consultation, teleconference, online survey or other. Important to note, a Platform Member can both volunteer their time, and donate.
We ask that you take the time to read this Policy carefully.
Table of Contents
- Information Collected, Used, and Disclosed
- Your Choices
- Safeguarding Your Personal Information
- Your Rights
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Contact Us
We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you access the Site to make sure that you understand our information collection, use and disclosure practices. We may change the provisions of this Policy at any time and will indicate when changes have been made by revising the date at the top of this Policy. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will provide you with additional notice of such changes by updating our Site and/or by sending you a notification via email, and/or get your permission to use your data accordingly where applicable.
This Policy is effective as of the date first posted above and applies only to information collected by Givsly on this Site and through our Services.
3. Information Collected, Used, and Disclosed
We may collect your personal information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests, (for example to contact us in relation to inquiries) and to carry out our Services.
At times, we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, or you may choose to provide us with your personal information by completing the form in the “Contact Us” section of this Site. Generally, this information is requested when you want us to provide you with information. We may gather the following information about you:
- Email address
- Company name and title
- Biographical Information (for example, we may ask you to create a profile and provide information about your work experience in order to facilitate meetings through the Platform). It is important to note that name, title, company, general location (city/state), and selected charities will be available to other users of the Site. Your contact details will never be publicly available.
- IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device)
- Cookie ID, (A cookie is a tiny text files that is stored on a user's browser. Most cookies contain a unique identifier called a cookie ID: a string of characters that websites and servers associate with the browser on which the cookie is stored.)
- Or other persistent or unique identifier, such as an advertising ID, or device ID. Some jurisdictions hold that cookie IDs are personal information. Where this is the case, we treat such data as personal information.
- Personal information provided by you when contacting us via the “Careers” section of this website. For example, when submitting your contact details for a job submission you may also provide with your resume which will include your career history.
- We may also ask for additional information to assist us with our recruitment process and in the event you are offered a job.
How do we use personal information?
We will use your personal information collected from our website in the following ways:
- to provide you with information and materials you have requested and to respond to specific queries via our “Contact Us” section;
- to send you information and promotional materials which we determine would be of interest or relevant to you as new business information, newsletters, bulletins, etc.;
- to determine matches of your profile with another member with which we recommend a partnership throughout the course of our Services;
- to provide better content on our site and to provide you with better ways of accessing information on this site;
- to allow you to submit information to our new business team.
- Givsly may use and share Personal Information to, without limitation, contact you concerning your participation in Givsly Social Impact Meetings Platforms, to manage your membership in Givsly Platforms, to administer compliance policies and procedures, including obtaining required approvals and consents for Meetings participation, to market Givsly’s services, and to comply with applicable laws and requests from government authorities.
Givsly may also collect and store aggregate or anonymous information about a user’s interaction with the Site. We may use this aggregate or anonymous information we collect about our customers, traffic patterns, and related site information to better design our Site and to share with reputable third-party vendors. Please note, aggregate and anonymous information is not personal information and cannot directly or indirectly identify an individual on its own. See the section on non-personal information below.
We may also collect non-personal information from you in connection with your use of our Site. We use a third-party service provider, Google Analytics, to assist us in gathering analytics and statistical data in connection with the Site in the United States. This data is used to assist us in gathering aggregate analytics and statistical data regarding use of the Site or App (e.g., session length, bounce rates, etc.). Where analytics data may be classified as personal information, we will treat it as such.
We collect and use certain demographic information
- such as age, gender, education, income, geography (city and state), interests, activities, and similar information for statistical purposes.
- we may also append demographic data existing customer data sets for the same purposes.
- While demographic data is often, on its own, nonpersonal information, when demographic information is linked to personal information, we treat this data as personal information.
- We use this data to build desired target audiences (i.e., business executives between ages 30-40) which are then passed to advertising partners, such as Demand Side Platforms for use in interest-based advertising online. While we may not actually serve the interest-based ads, we provide the audience profiles for later use in interest-based advertising. You can opt out of the use of your data for interest-based advertising below in the section “Your Choices”
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Do we share your information to third parties?
- We may disclose your personal information if we or any of our assets are the subject of a sale or similar corporate transaction. We will ensure that the third parties who receive your personal information are required to keep it confidential.
- We may also share your personal information with third parties where required for processing. For example, when applying for a job through our website, for processing credit card payments, or in order to carry out our Services, (i.e. to match a Member with another Member in order to facilitate meetings and social impact programs).
- Givsly partners with other companies (such as Stripe) for payment processing, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies (for Stripe’s, click here). Givsly doesn’t store your payment information apart from the last four digits of your credit card or bank account (as applicable), expiration date, and country, which we require for tax, government regulatory, and security purposes; You may elect to save your payment details. Those details are stored by our service provider, Stripe. Please visit Stripe for more information about their data processing practices.
- We may sell your personal information to third parties for marketing, research, and analytics purposes.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are required or permitted by law (such as third parties who provide services on our behalf), and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual unlawful or otherwise prohibited activities, including, but not limited to, fraud.
- We may use your personal information for marketing purposes. However, in these instances all information is hashed or encrypted. Where required we will obtain your consent.
We will always take steps to require third parties we work with to keep your personal information confidential.
4. Your Choices
How to opt-out of collection and, or use of data for interest-based advertising:
In browser environments, (i.e. on a Website using a browser like Chrome, or Firefox), you may refuse or remove cookies from service providers via the following methods:
- Adjusting your browser settings to refuse or remove cookies, which would result in the elimination of Interest-Based Advertising via cookies from service providers. However, by doing so, you may still receive advertisements, they simply may not be tailored to your interests. You may also not be able to use certain features on certain web sites you visit or take full advantage of all web site offerings and Interest-Based Advertising. You may refuse or remove cookies by following the directions provided in your browser settings.
Further information about cookies is available at
- and http://www.aboutads.info/consumers#cookies.
- You can also opt-out of Interest-Based Advertising targeting cookies of service providers, at the following Sites:
If you delete cookies, install a new browser or get a new computer, the opt-out cookie will need to be reset by coming back to the links above.
For Mobile opt outs:
Most modern mobile operating systems (iOS 6, Android 2.3, and Windows 10 and above) provide mobile advertising identifiers for mobile devices. These identifiers have different names depending on the brand. For example, they are called Google Advertising ID (GAID) on Android devices and Identifiers for Advertisers (IDFA) on iOS. These identifiers are commonly used to help enable digital advertising across mobile applications. The operating systems that provide these mobile advertising identifiers tend to include built-in settings to express privacy preferences for online advertising across applications.
To express your privacy preferences for specific companies, you may download and use an opt-out application, such as DAA's AppChoices App or the Truste Privacy App. You should contact the Digital Advertising Alliance or TRUSTe if you have any questions or concerns regarding the opt-out applications operated by them. You can also go into the settings of your mobile device and turn off ad tracking. How to do this will vary depending on device and operating system.
Our Services and this Site are not intended for or directed to children. Different jurisdictions set different thresholds for the age of a child. In the United States children are defined as under the age of 13. Givsly does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13 or 16 respective of jurisdiction. If you feel we may have unknowingly collected information about your child, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can delete this data.
6. Safeguarding Your Personal Information
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date. Givsly’s hosting environments and security measures are continuously reviewed and assessed.
Givsly retains your information for business purposes, and for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with access to the Site and our services. Givsly will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Despite our efforts, please be aware that no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable so please be careful about what information you share online.
7. Your Information
If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing lists, review, update, or have us delete your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request through the “Contact Us” form on our websites. Please note, where we are being asked to disclose personal information to you, we may require verification.
8.Your California Privacy Rights
Since 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not knowingly share personal information collected by Givsly via Site or Services with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you have any questions regarding our disclosure policy, however, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Contact Us
If you wish to contact us in relation to your personally identifiable information or if you have any queries about how we use your personally identifiable information, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on the “Contact Us” section of our Site.